Friday, August 3, 2012

Makeover Madness Part 2


 Here is part two of Makeover Madness.  Stay tuned for my last installment when I will show you the most ambitious project I tackled while the kids have been gone!

Here is a preview, which will also be my Photo of the Day:
Keyword: Coin
Want to see today's makeover?


 OK. For today's Makeover I will show you what we did with Charlotte's and Matthew's rooms.  Charlotte and Matthew switched rooms a year ago but we did nothing more than change the furniture around. Charlotte was cranky that she had to sleep in a BLUE room (even though the furniture and accessories clearly screamed GIRL)  I am not sure Matthew cared that he was in a dusty purple room, but I was tired of the colour so I felt like an update was needed anyway.  My mom and my aunt came in to do the dirty work for me.  They are a crackerjack painting team. I am not sure if they are available for hire, though.  They allowed me to pay them in coffee and muffins.

Charlotte's room while it was still Matthew's room

Matthew's room while Charlotte still lived there.
We only changed one wall in her room, but it makes a HUGE difference!

My mom matched the paint colour to the pink flowers in the curtains. There is a very tiny pink flower in one of the patches of the quilt--everything is pulled together.
We matched the blue wall colour to Thomas the Tank Engine. It is a vast improvement over the dusty purple!

I love how the colours of the animals pop against the blue wall.
Products used: Dulux Marshmallow (white), Beauti-Tone Moulin Rouge (that pinkest of pinks), Beauti-Tone Chills and Thrills (Thomas Blue).  I made the plaid curtains and the floral curtains and valance were a lucky find at Value Village.  The vintage animal print was a gift from Richard's aunt.

3 comments:

April said...

Looks great! I may take you up on that blue paint! Good work!!!

Unknown said...

You'll have to fight my mom for it, April--she took it home and has visions of a feature wall in her guest room.

tammi said...

Very nice!! Man, you were really busy!!