Monday, June 13, 2011

Camp Time

Charlotte and I packed up our sleeping bags and headed out to Spark/Brownie camp this weekend.  I got to be a cabin mom with my good friend Mindy, so we just had to show up and have fun. (And settle wiggly girls, and make sure that bugspray and sunscreen were applied regularly and that everyone went home with the same stuff they arrived with.)

You can't be afraid to get a little silly at camp.
I love camp.  Camps like these ones take you back in time.  There are no tvs, one phone in the dining hall, and lots of outside time.  We were very fortunate the weather was perfect.  It was so perfect that the girls played so hard during the day that we had to cut campfire short so everyone could go to bed early one night! 
you can never have too many googley eyes at camp.

One of the best things about camp is getting to watch girls grow.  Special things happen when kids are allowed to get dirty and have fun at camp.  Introverted kids learn to be silly and loud.  Extroverted kids learn to lead.  Everyone learns to be a bit more responsible.  The kids learn that grownups can play just as hard as little girls can.


A rare quiet moment.


The very best thing about camp is watching how new friendships are made and old friendships are made stronger.

3 comments:

Ami said...

I miss my girls SO much. It was a blast and I will always be glad I did it.

Love the photo of the little ones holding hands.

Andria Crowjoy said...

You're making me so excited for our girls who will go to sleep away camp for the first time this year! I've never been so I may use this post as my "this is what's so great about it!" speech if anyone needs it. :D

April said...

I love these photos.