Friday, May 6, 2011

Another Public Service Announcement.

Dear World:  You need to know that none of the "gifts" on the list linked below will be well-received on Mother's Day by most of the moms I know. 

If any of these show up in my house and are passed off as gifts, Mama will NOT be impressed. The cheapest and best gift for me would be the opportunity to sleep in, with hot coffee waiting and the time to enjoy a good book while  I am still under the covers.  All of these things can be found in my house already, so no trip to the store is required. 

Let me put it this way:  if the word LAUNDRY is in the title, it is NOT a gift.

Here is the link I am ranting about.

5 comments:

tammi said...

HA! (But come on, the apron's pretty cute, admit it!)

Unknown said...

The apron is cute, but I stand by my previous opinion that if it is for housecleaning, it is not for Mother's Day.

(The fancy detergent is the worst part though, reallly--unless the detergent comes with a promise that the gift giver is the one who will use it!)

Carolyn said...

"Do you have a mama who loves laundry?" Seriously???? In an alternate reality, maybe....

Unknown said...

I am sure it must seem to the uneducated observer that we must love laundry since we spend so much time doing it.

Jenna said...

The apron is cute, but the blurb that accompanies it? "Even if she’s a mom that doesn’t enjoy being in the kitchen, a good apron will inspire her."? Yerk.