Monday, March 21, 2011

Friend Making Monday

Jodi over at And in My Corner...does this meme every Monday. I thought I might try it out today.  If you are coming here from another FMM site, welcome!  I hope you like what you see!
1. Who is your pick for the Final Four? 
Ummm... well I am in Canada and we don't do college football here like the US... so I will have ato pass on this one! (I just stole this answer from Jodi.  The only March Madness I participate in is at Go Fug Yourself)

2. What is your favorite workout/fitness activity? 
I have two favourites:  I love to run outside, but on days when the weather is not co-operating or I don't have anyone to watch the kids I cross train with one of my Biggest Loser or Jillian Michaels DVDs.  I do have a treadmill that I use for most of the winter, but I can't stay on it any longer than 45 minutes.  I go batty with boredom and really, if I am on it then the kids must be home and I can only get away with being unavailable for so long before bad things start happening!

3. Do you have a favorite healthy snack? Something that REALLY hits the
spot? 
I love sliced apple with a side of light spreadable cream cheese that has been sprinkled with a bit of brown sugar and cinnamon.  If I don't have cream cheese on hand, a scoop of cottage cheese with a packet of Splenda and a dash of cinnamon (and maybe some unsweetened applesauce) kills my sweets craving with a nice hit of protein.

4. What is your dream car? 
Funny how this question pops up on the week we have started shopping for a new(er) car!
Since we are talking about dreams, muscle cars like a Mid/late 1960s Pontiac GTO or a 1970's-era Plymouth Roadrunner really excite me.  The deep visceral growl of the engine, the aggressive lines.....so masculine and powerful...rawr.  Of course, I can't exactly drive around town with kids and groceries in one of those so we are on the hunt for a nice, dependable minivan with four doors that can seat seven.  I covet the Toyota Sienna, but will end up with a used Montana or Grand Caravan.


5. Have you set any goals for yourself this month? What are they? 
My goal this month is to finish of my Lenten Facebook Fast and re-integrate it into my life without losing myself again,  drink 2 litres of water a day and stop snacking after seven PM.  Boring, but necessary goals.  I also plan on getting back on the running wagon once I kick yet another chest cold that is making my asthma act up.
If you answer these questions on your own blog, leave me a comment with a link so I can stop by and read your answers.  If you want to answer and don't have a blog, just do it in the comments.


1 comment:

Dennis & Jodi said...

I have a Chev Traverse and I LOVE it!!! She is my Queeni (DH calls her my bi-van... not quite a van not quite an SUV☺)
You should take one for a test drive... even if just for fun! They are roomy and very comfy driving -- IMHO☺
Feel better soon!