Thursday, November 25, 2010

What happened to me?

It happened very slowly.  A dishcloth here and there. Then, a book showed up in my home out of the blue.  Now I am hardcore.  I even did it in public yesterday and defended myself against the ridicule of a friend.

What happened?

I turned into a crocheter.  Yep.  Me.  Knitwit.  A hooker.

You know what?  I think I like it!

For some reason,  crocheting doesn't tire my hands out as quickly as knitting does.  I can use fibers that used to cause me pain when knitted.

And dude, why didn't anyone tell me how fast crochet grows??  I can make a dishcloth in a couple of hours.  A scarf doesn't seem as daunting now.  Yes, there is a time and a place for knitting.  I am not abandoning my first love just yet, but I am definitely going to swing to the other side now.

Can I say it?

I think I am hooked.

Forgive the extreme close up.  The item is a Christmas gift so I can't reveal what it is right now.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guess you better add Crocheting to your list of interests now. :D

Ami said...

I have just never had the patience to crochet or knit... I like projects I can complete in one sitting. One SHORT sitting.

But I find it interesting I can say one of my online friends is a hooker.

Mariah said...

Welcome to the land of hooking. I don't mind it, but I'd prefer to knit -- crocheting hurts my hands in a way that knitting doesn't.

Jason, as himself said...

Wow, good for you! I'm not sure I would have the patience.

Janelle said...

Welcome to the dark side...

I know how to knit, I LOVE to crochet... did you know that about me? I just wish I had the time. I always said it's less heartbreaking to foul up crochet, you just remove the hook, grab hold of the yarn, and yank until the oopsie is no more. Then you reinsert your hook, find your spot in your pattern, and away you go, like nothing happened. Good luck with that approch with knitting! And you can still do cabling and basket weave, etc. who knew? (I did.)

Miss you.

Jihan said...

omg try as I may I cannot knit a single line. your so lucky.