Friday, November 19, 2010

Share a smile.

Disclosure - I am participating in the Snack Pack program by Mom Central on behalf of Conagra Foods Canada. I received a gift card as a thank you for my participation. The opinions on this blog are my own.

It really is the little things that make me smile.  Last week, I went to my usual spot to buy groceries. The carts at this store are locked together and in order to get one you have to unlock it from it's partner with a $1 coin (or a similarly-sized token you can purchase in the store and reuse).  On this particular day I found a couple of carts not locked together so I didn't have to mess with my token and wrestle carts apart to get groceries.  It was a teeny thing that made my day better.  It got even better when passed the cart on to a person walking past me as I loaded my car.  I waved off her offer of a loonie (don't click on the link if you are Canadian) and she grinned.  I wonder how many smiles were spread with that free cart?

Other little things make me smile.  Eavesdropping on kids playing nicely together in the next room.  Having the laundry folded without asking.  Sliding into a bed made with sheets that have been hung on the clothesline.  Teaching silly songs to my Sparks.

While I was cooking dinner (and steaming up the windows) Charlotte took some time to spread some smiles.
Snack Pack Canada likes to spread smiles too.  If you would like to help them out, it is so easy to do.
Here’s how it works. Log onto Facebook, look up Snack Pack Canada, Like the page, Share a Smile and:
• A $1 donation will be made on your behalf to, Food Banks Canada. You can also opt to Share a
Smile and Snack Pack will make the donation on behalf of one of your Facebook friends.
• You’ll receive a ballot into their weekly prize draw (for those who have registered for the contest)
• PLUS You’ll earn a point towards one of the fun Smile badges!
Remember, the more often you smile, the more donations, ballots and badge points you’ll collect. It’s
no surprise that Smiling everyday would have its perks.

And really, you are on Facebook every day anyway, aren't you??

No comments: