Thursday, November 11, 2010

0759

We had our first snowfall of the year last night.  Charlotte woke up at OhMyGoodnessItsStillDarkOut-thirty and gleefully informed us of that fact.  She then spent the next two hours asking me if she could go outside.  As soon as it was light enough everyone bundled up for their first play in the snow.

The pictures are a bit on the dark side because the sun was still rubbing it's eyes and pouring it's coffee when I shot them.  The first snowfall of the year is Very Exciting!

Oh, and I hope you have all set aside time today to remember the hard work of the people in our Armed Forces who have sacrificed so much so we could have the right to stand on our decks in our pyjamas and shoot pictures of our kids frolicking without a care in freshly fallen snow.  I am so very fortunate to live where I live in a time where I didn't have to worry about half of my block getting conscripted and how I will feed my family out of my Victory Garden and with rationing coupons.

1 comment:

tammi said...

Sounds like we had very similar days ~ except I sent my girls back to bed and then I made them dress up and endure a Remembrance Day service, and THEN they got to play in the snow!!