Monday, December 14, 2009

Hard Work Pays Off

I am on an Apraxia message board. A mother on the board was asking for video of kids with apraxia speaking. I posted a link to a video I shot of Emmett about a year and a half ago, not long after his speech breakthrough. I couldn't believe the difference between then and now. Time really does blur the edges of a memory, doesn't it? I find when we are in therapy we are always looking forward. We are always looking for the next milestone that we need to reach so we sometimes forget how far we have already come.

Remember this video?



I shot this last night:


Can you believe the difference? Can I tell you that I still get a song in my heart when he tells me to stop filming?? I can't help but smile.

4 comments:

April said...

Aw, that is so amazing!!!!

Ami said...

Oh my gosh!
::goosebumps::
He's come so far! Astounding.

I've said it before...
Go Emmett!!!

Kim said...

What fantastic progress! Congratulations to Emmett and to you!

I dream of the day when I hear my little guy talk; I got all teary about hearing your little boy.

mbsandybee said...

Ohhhh! How I miss my time with him!!!! But how PROUD of him I am!!! He is an amazing lil boy and has such determination! Way to go Emm!