Sunday, June 21, 2009

It's nail biting time.

It happened. We made an offer on a house this past Friday. By Saturday the owners countered. We accepted. The blood drained from Richard's face as we filled out the paperwork and promised a purchase price that is kind of staggering to us.

Tomorrow our house hits the market. We have a month to sell and counter any other offer that may come. Yesterday started the month that I will be insufferable to be around.

Do you know what it takes to keep a house show-ready with three kids, a stinky hairy dog and a stinky hairy husband? Nagging. Yelling. Constant cleaning. More nagging. More yelling.

Please hope our place sells fast.

5 comments:

tammi said...

For your family's sake, I sure hope so!!! I'd be the same way.

Tara said...

I know exactly how you feel, except with 4 kids, 2 stinking hairy dogs, a hairy cat and a messy husband. We were under so much pressure to sell our house before the house we wanted was given to someone else. We ended up BEGGING for 2 more days so we could have an open house. And luckily it did sell. I had to keep telling myself, if it is meant to be, it will happen.
P.S. Ovens and clothes dryers are a great place to stash stuff in a hurry.
I will send all my house selling vibes your way! Keep thinking happy thoughts....new house....no more noisy neighbors...no more noisy neighbors....no more noisy neighbors.....

Ami said...

Ovens and clothes dryers are probably a really good place to stash things, but I know that I'd forget to remove said items before starting appliances.

Fortunately, I am not trying to sell my house.

Good luck to you with this.

I hope it doesn't mean you won't be blogging...

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Except for the whole next month part. Good luck!

Rina said...

Crossing my fingers for you!!