Sunday, November 23, 2008

Squishy New Socks.


Just in time for the cold, some new woolly socks for my chilly feet. This is special yarn, impregnated with aloe and jojoba to sooth winter dry skin.

I bought it on vacation in Moncton a few summers ago. It is my first toe up sock and my first short row heel. I love the look of the short row heel with self striping yarn, I need more practice with it.

I had to fight the kids for them this morning. It turns out that hand knit wool socks are the perfect thing for sliding on our hard wood floors with!

Stats for the yarny folk out there:

Pattern: Toe-up socks with a short row heel that I cobbled together from a couple of on line sources. (Toe, and heel. The rest is K3 P1 rib with a K1 P1 cuff)
Yarn: Austermann Step in Gras colourway
Needles: 2.25 mm Clover Bamboo dpns, my old friends.

What do I cast on next??

4 comments:

Ami said...

"What do I cast on next?? "

Some for me.

Those are beee-yooo-tiful!!

:)

April said...

I love all of them!!!

p.s. you are a blog posting machine! I better update mine...

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your knitting!! My only problem is wool makes me so itchy!! Great blogging, I look so forwarding to reading it!

Ashlee Rose said...

I love how you just HAD to use the word "impregnated". ;) :D