Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Flashback.

If you are Canadian and of a Certain Age, this is your childhood in four video clips:

Young kids had the gentleness of The Friendly Giant (with Gerome and Rusty) and Mister Dressup (with Casey, Finnegan and the ubiquitous Tickle Trunk) to entertain them.







When you got a little older you had to rush home from school lest you miss this:


And, if you were feeling naughty you would sneak out of your room after bedtime and turn this on (quiet! you don't want Mom and Dad to know you have the TV on!)

4 comments:

Imcombobulated said...

Wow. The Friendly Giant seemed so much more... um... seamless, when I watched it as a kid.
And Video Hits... I can't believe THAT was as cool as it was.

Ahhhh, memories.

Tara said...

I forgot all about the friendly giant! Brings back memories though.

kitten said...

Thanks for taking me down your memory lane. When I was in Middle JR High I would rush home to watch Scooby Doo! LOL!

April said...

Haha fun post. I'll have to watch it at work on lunch break. (video doesn't work on our home computer anymore...sigh).