Thursday, June 5, 2008

Mememememe

So here goes Cooking Meme tagged by Mama B

I don't usually do memes, but I was tagged by the lovely Mama B and I can't say no to her.
The rules:

1) Answer all the questions honestly.

2) Tag at least three people.

When was the most recent time you were burned?
Hmmmm, it has been at least a month. I am famous for burning my hands or forearms on the oven racks when I use a dish towel instead of an oven mitt. Lately my accident of choice in the kitchen has been grating my knuckles with cheese or vegetables.

Can you cook?
Oh yes. I taught myself to really cook during a rabid obsession with The Food Network just after nursing school. When Richard and I dated we set aside every Sunday night to cook fancy dinners and watch The X-Files. I did the main course and he did dessert. I gained 20lbs during our courtship! I more recently honed my skills during monthly potluck parties we would take turns hosting with friends.

If yes, name your specialties (three max.)
Pot roast with mushroom gravy and oven roasted potatoes
Barbeque chicken pizza
Lasagna

If yes, do you like to cook?
I love trying new recipes, but only get to cook fancy things on Friday nights when the kids visit their grandma. Most nights of the week things are pretty basic around here, but I do try to sneak in some new things among the meatballs and chicken nuggets I know the kids will eat.

If no, do you want to be able to cook?
I have never tried to make souffle.

What color is your kitchen?
Pale greenish blue with white beadboard, white cabinets and hardwood floors. The strange greenish blue is soon going to be a bright sunny yellow.

Do you bake?
Oh yes.

If yes, specialties (max 3)
Carrot cake
Chocolate chip cookies
Artisan-style crusty bread

If yes, do you like to bake?
Yes! I don't buy cookies at the grocery store and I love experimenting with different kinds of muffins. Cakes are always from scratch in our house. I love eating cookie dough. I think that is one of the main reasons I bake. For the cookie dough.

If no, do you want to bake?
See above!

What color is your apron?
I have a basic red apron. I have been seriously coveting these aprons, and will probably buy one very very soon. I bought Charlotte a little apron at a second hand store recently and now she insists on wearing it when she helps me in the kitchen.

Ok I am tagging:

Nifty Nadine, Mama Bear, and CTG.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, if only I had perfect skin! I'm pretty basic in the kitchen, but I make a MEAN chocolate chip cookie. Man, are they EVER good. I can't just eat one. Ok, I'll be honest, I can't just eat 4. And my skin proves it. I think that's why I've only made them once since Todd's known me. He still hasn't recovered from the shock.

Rina said...

Cool thank you I will do it as soon as I have a minute!!! :)

You simply MUST share your carrot cake recipe - I've been craving, badly.