Saturday, April 14, 2007

Stolen from CTG

Housekeeping A to Z

aprons - y/n?
Yes--a red one I wear when I am in a Domestic Goddess mood or if I am wearing white and eating spaghetti. I would love a 50's housewife frilly number!

baking - y/n?
Yes, but Richard is better at it than I am.

clothesline - y/n?
Yes--I love it! Nothing beats climbing into a bed made with sheets fresh off the line.

donuts - ever made them?
Richard has--he's the deepfry king of our house.

everyday - one homemaking thing you do everyday?
Wash dishes

freezer - do you have a separate deep freezer?
Yes - it is holding half a cow and leftovers right now.

garbage disposal - y/n
Yes--we are on our second one now because I broke the first one.

handbook - y/n?
I have the Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy....does that count? (Oh yeah, and How to be a Domestic Goddess)

ironing - love it or hate it?
I didn't know iron could be a verb.

junk drawer - where is it?
We have a junk basement.

kitchen - design and decorating?
White melamine cabinets, green countertops and hardwood floors that need replacing.

love - what is your favorite part of homemaking?
Cleaning when the kids and dog aren't around so I can enjoy the fruits of my labours for more than three minutes

mop - y/n?
Not often enough

nylons - wash them by hand or in the washer?
Mesh bag in the washer--although I try to avoid wearing them at all costs.

oven - do you use the window or open it to check?
Yes.

pizza - what do you put on yours?
Cheese, ham, pineapple, green peppers.

quiet - what do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?
Surf the internet or dive into a book.

recipe card box?
No. I keep my recipes in a binder

style of house?
90-years old, two storeys

tablecloths and napkins - y/n?
No--accidents waiting to happen in our house! (Someday though......)

under the kitchen sink
Cleaning supplies, trash bags, extra shopping bags, cleaning rags

vacuum - how many times a week?
At least two to three, should be daily.

wash - how many loads do you do a week?
I don't want to know. I am sure the number would make me cry.

x’es - do you keep a list of things to do and cross them off?
I base my shopping list on a weekly menu. I go in and out of to-do list making phases.

yard - who does what?
I do the flowerbeds, Richard does the rest.

zzz’s - what is your last homemaking task for the day?
Dishes every night, some nights folding laundry to brainless TV.

No comments: