Monday, March 27, 2006

I am a glutton for punishment.

Well, we had an almost perfectly enjoyable weekend. Richard and I didn't manage to sneak away for the night, but we were given tickets to a jazz concert and a brave 15 - year - old came by to babysit. As a belated birthday gift Richard's stepmom took me shopping to not one, but two yarn stores!!! At one, which was going out of business, I stocked up on chunky yarn to make the kids new sweaters for fall. At the other one, I picked up some luscious Cezanne to make a lacey sweater in lime. I felt like a kid in a candystore. I wandered the aisles, touching everything!! I am being very careful with my wrists so I haven't been knitting as much as I would like, but I am too stubborn to give it up. Who could say no to the cotton/silk blend I picked up? I just like looking at it and petting it!!

On Sunday I went into a bridal shop to try on a bridesmaid's dress for a friend's wedding. Oh the horror! I looked like a big brown triangle. I was quite disappointed with the shop in general. I started trying on other dresses to see if something else would be more suitable to my frame and most of the sample dresses had broken zippers. Is that any way to sell clothing? Two (of six) bridesmaid's are coming to visit me to see if we can find something that won't make us cry. I officially hit rock bottom with my weight that day. I am going to be starting Weight Watchers as soon as I can. I need some structure and rules to get myself back on track and drop about 25 pounds of baby weight. Unfortunately, only a tummy tuck will really get rid of my belly--I will get stick arms and a flat chest and still have a pooch, but at least it will be smaller. (I have lost these 25 lbs before--I know the road)

I picked up another shift for tomorrow--wish me luck!! I have learned from my previous mistake, so I will have to find a new one to make.

No comments: