Wednesday, January 11, 2006

On the mend.

Well, things are getting back to normal here. By suppertime last night the roses were back in Char's cheeks, and she let us know that the pedialyte was not cutting it for her. We switched to half-strength formula for a while and it stayed down, so late into the evening she was back to regular formula. I am going to cut out solids today, but keep up with the full-strength bottles. Sleep was not great, but much improved over the night before. I am just getting caught up on all of the laundry we went through yesterday. (I had at least one change of clothes, and Char had closer to five changes of clothes and bedding.) She is getting her spunk back.

Whew!!

Emmett was a trooper. He was asleep when Char and I went to the hospital and he was not at all upset to wake up and find my friend, Sarah and her two children here instead of me. He had a lot of fun with them. I think he managed to show them ALL of his toys in the short time I was gone!!

Richard was shocked at the price of pedialyte. I found a recipe on the internet (five ingredients, mostly water)so we never have to shell out the $10 for a bottle of glorified kool-aid again. We'll save it for some wine!!

No comments: