Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Let the games begin!



Since I am a little bit crazy (ok, a lot) I have decided to participate in The Knitting Olympics. In a nutshell, to celebrate the Winter Olympics, Yarn Harlot has decided to challenge her fellow knitters. You must choose something that will challenge you and stretch your abilities as a knitter. You cannot cast on any earlier than the opening ceremonies, and you must be finished (knitted, blocked, assembled) by the time the flame on the Olympic torch is blown out. I am going to make Charlotte the Chaos sweater from knitty. I have made sweaters before. I have cabled before. I have never finished anything except dishcloths in two weeks. I have to decide if the sweater will be dusty pink or light blue (both in my stash).

In other knitting news, stay tuned for pics of a finished baby poncho. I have a mere 1/2 inch to go. Once my kids are fed, bathed and bedded, that sucker is coming off of the needles and being blocked tonight!!!! I am under deadline. I am getting together with the recipient of this poncho Friday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am very happy!!! I love spreading my sickness (um hobby) around. I too, am a yarn snob. I have some hand-painted Japanese yarn in my stash that is begging to be put on some needles.
If you want a good online resource, check out Knitting Help for great teaching videos.