Sunday, November 27, 2005

It's oh so quiet

Mom and Dad just left from their whirlwind visit. Mom and I did the mall yesterday and fought pre-Christmas crowds. I can't get into the Christmas spirit yet--it's not even December!!! We had a nice lunch with Aunt Susan, Sean and Stephanie and made arrangenments to switch children with her and go to the movies next week. (Harry Potter!!!! I think we got the better end of that deal!) I have put no thought whatsoever into Christmas shopping and I think I will have to drag myself kicking and screaming to do it. Emm and Char are too young to get wound up about the holidays, so maybe when they get a little older Christmas will get exciting again.

Char's nose is healing nicely. You could almost mistake her black eye for a shadow. She is such a resilient kid. She has to be, with Emmett for a big brother.

What a nice, quiet Sunday afternoon. Both kids are sleeping, Rich is puddling with a computer, bread is whirring in the bread machine and there is a lovely smell coming out of the oven from an apple crisp baking. Time to turn off the computer and pick up my knitting needles.

No comments: